Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WITH THE HELP OF A PIGEON

 WITH THE HELP OF A PIGEON

It was a sad winter day.  Little things have the ability to make me worry, shake me up, and make me reminisce about events of significance in life. It was different before I got sick. Now, I measure every second of life like an Olympic game judge. The only difference is, I do not measure just the time, I measure the wisdom expected to come with it. At the end of this all, it may be too late. Life is competitive.

The big events are clear and easy for everyone to understand. If you lose a friend or a relative, you know how much time has been wasted instead of being together and laughing together, instead of picking on each other for the miniscule things in life, it could have been much easier to be nice and just be. Breath in, breath out... The fight can wait for the place where there is no clock. I don't know its name...

 I read recently somewhere that a mother was asked by her daughter what would be her legacy, how did she want to be remembered. Was that a tiny hint? It made me think about myself. My answer is very simple -- I want to be remembered as a mother, someone who has given her life and who will easily give her own life for her child's

What is more precious to give than LIFE? 

I had to see a pigeon, just a mother pigeon in the middle of the street today, standing on top of her dead baby to remind me of that. This is not the jungle. This is the middle of the street on a day before an ice storm coming. Cars were skillfully avoiding them.

We have heard and seen many stories of mother lions, dolphins, bears, dogs, any possible animal on earth ready to kill and die for her babies. I went by later [keeping a safe distance] to look at the street. It was empty. The mother must have managed to move her baby out of the way.

Somewhere, in the cold winter night, they are together.

So, what is my legacy? What should it be for the rest of my life? 

I am just a Mother, like every other Mother. God has decided that I am to be called a Mother and nurture my child, while being loved and nurtured as a Mother.

I am a mother









1 comment: